The detailed application proposes 124 dwellings on land north of Meadowbrook, Burscough. The planning application seeks permission for all detailed aspects of the scheme including the layout, appearance, landscaping, access and scale.
The development proposals include a range of detached, semi-detached and terraced houses and a small number of apartments. All dwellings benefit from parking, whilst all the houses benefit from private gardens and apartments have access to shared amenity space.
Vehicular and pedestrian access to the development will be taken from Meadowbrook and connect to internal roads throughout the site.
Public open spaces form an important aspect of the proposed development and are located throughout the site for the benefit of the residents of the site and also existing residents.
As well as contributing to the supply of new homes that the borough needs, the development would also provide:
- Contributing to maintaining a vibrant Community;
- Delivery of much needed market and affordable housing;
- A New Homes Bonus payment of approximately £700,000 made to the Council for it to spend how it would like;
- A boost for the local economy including the creation of construction jobs and additional expenditure in local services; and
- Public open space, accessible to all residents.