Location: Chamberhall, Bury
Client: St Modwen Developments
- 12,073 sq.m of industrial and business floorspace
- Flexible parameters for second phase of industrial, retail, leisure and offices
- Key regeneration site near Bury Town Centre
- Hybrid planning application
- Early speculative delivery of Phase 1 of industrial and business space
- Retail, leisure and office hub on the edge of the town centre
- Bringing forward mixed industrial and business floorspace rather than office space as per the allocation
- Introducing retail and leisure space which the site was not allocated for
- Removal of extensive tree cover to facilitate development
Summary of NJL Approach:
NJL set a planning strategy which provided a case for bringing forward a development which did not comply with its allocation and the Council’s aspirations for the site. This strategy enabled the delivery of a regeneration site near to Bury Town Centre which the Council had aspirations for development for over 20 years. The hybrid application approach enabled an early phase of development be delivered forward to stimulate interest in the wider site.
Hybrid planning permission approved by Planning Committee. Phase 1 is now complete and occupied.