Client: Compass Community Ltd
- 12 recent instructions for new care homes for children
- Planning advice and support for new homes for children
- Range of sites across the UK
- Variety of planning applications – e.g. changes of use and lawful development certificates
- Requirement to deal with an often sensitive and misunderstood use
- Range of issues across the various sites
- Often local sensitivity to care home uses
- Need to address incorrect perceptions from the local community
- Often a need to sensitively present the issues to officers and members
- Lawful Development Certificates requiring detailed and accurate wording
Summary of NJL Approach:
NJL provided ongoing support through due diligence and site acquisition for the various properties and advised on works to expand existing homes. We supported the client in developing the proposals which responded to the local context and often local sensitivities to such development. This included setting and managing an overarching strategy which was suitable for a portfolio of sites, whilst being flexible enough to respond to site specific challenges.
Planning permission and/or Lawful Development Certificates secured for all properties to date, including securing approvals following often challenging planning committees.