Location: Former Airfield, Cheshire
Client: Private client
- £15 million development
- GIA - 3,427m2
- Paragraph 79 house (Isolated house in the countryside)
- Green Belt
- Former airfield
- Outstanding architecture
- Car storage facility for up to 50 vehicles
- Building a house is inappropraite development in the Green Belt.
- Justifying very special circumstances for the development based on paragraph 79 which permits isolated homes in the countryside that are architecturally exceptional.
- Demonstrating the harm to the Green Belt is overcome by the very special circumstances and other benefits.
Summary of NJL Approach:
NJL provided detailed planning advice and worked closely with the design team to set a cohesive planning and design strategy. This included guiding the Council through a complex planning argument, undertaking an external design review, public consultation and presenting at planning committee. NJL and the design team developed a scheme which provided a unique response to its setting that was found to represent truly outstanding architecture.
Full planning permission for a unique home in the Green Belt.