Location: Jennens Road / Woodcock Street, Birmingham City Centre
Client: UNITE the Union
- 150-acre major regeneration zone in City Centre
- New regional HQ, 220 bed hotel and conference facility for UNITE
- Complex new regeneration area with UNITE as a recent key investor and developer in the area
- Large scale regeneration area with series of unconnected major developments
- New masterplan proposals across the site but not joined together
- Major opportunity for collaborative networks to be formed amongst key organisations
ummary of NJL Approach:
NJL had already successfully delivered the regional HQ project through to planning consent and discharge of conditions.
We then provided UNITE with early advice on the possibilities and opportunities that playing a role in the wider regeneration of this area could lead too. We identified the key parties already involved in defining the Knowledge Quarter and worked with UNITE to demonstrate how there would be a mutually beneficial outcome from future collaboration.
A new partnership has now been established and a new vision for the Knowledge Quarter is now being prepared on a collaborative basis with NJL providing ongoing strategic advice. This is likely to lead to a defined second phase scheme for UNITE in the coming months.