- Birmingham City Council
- Applications to facilitate education, office and hotel floorspace, with related amendment
- Discharge of conditions applications
- Planning permission for over 16,000 sq.m of new floorspace
Located within the Eastside Regeneration Zone of Birmingham City Council, we have advised on and submitted planning applications to permit development of a National Education and Conference Centre, with 170 bed Hotel, and Regional Office for our client, Unite the Union. The scheme, located on the periphery of Birmingham City Centre, will contribute to the redevelopment of Birmingham Science Park Aston. The main application was approved in June 2015. Subsequent applications to allow minor changes to the scheme and discharge conditions have also been managed and submitted by our team.
Consarc has led on the design of the integrated building, with the design process dating back to 2012. Birmingham City Council has been a partner in the scheme and provided input into the design iteration from the outset.
Work is underway to build out the approved development.
Key skills utilised:
- Planning Application Management
- Partnership Working
- Consultation & Engagement
- Delivery Strategy Advice