Planning Application submitted for Armfield Academy, Blackpool
NJL Consulting have submitted a detailed planning application, on behalf of Fylde Coast Academy Trust, for a new academy school within Blackpool for up to 1,280 pupils aged 2-16 years, Armfield Academy.
Armfield Academy is located on the former Arnold School site, and includes new, purpose built premises and three multi-use games areas, alongside the reuse of some of the existing school buildings and the existing playing fields. Since Arnold School left the site is 2012, the site has been vacant and this proposal seeks a development reflective of the site’s long-established history with education - the Arnold School occupied the site between 1896 and 2012.
NJL have managed the submission of the application, liaising closely with co-consultants and have engaged proactively with Blackpool Council throughout the preparation of the application, to ensure a favourable scheme is submitted. NJL will continue to monitor and manage the application through to determination.
As well as addressing the aspirations of the council and the local public, the scheme also meets the future needs of Fylde Coast Academy Trust and will ensure a high-quality learning environment, which will enhance the educational offer within Blackpool.
John Hicks – Design Manager of Conlon Construction Ltd, said:
‘The school has been carefully designed to reflect the needs of Fylde Coast Academy Trust, whilst also ensuring an attractive, high-quality scheme which complements the character of the local area. The school will be a positive contribution to the education system within Blackpool, providing excellent facilities within a purpose-built development.’
Charlotte Wynn of NJL Consulting, added:
‘Engagement with Blackpool Council throughout the pre-application process has been very useful and has ensured the most suitable scheme has been submitted. The re-use of the site for education purposes is a fitting tribute to the site’s history and ensures a long -held tradition at Arnold Avenue is not lost, but is brought back and enhanced for future generations.’
Images provided by Lovelock Mitchell Architects.